Piocomtempbull Admin replied

295 weeks ago

Phantom Of Chinatown Hd Full Movie Download

Show Spoiler

a5c7b9f00b In the middle of a pictorial lecture on his recent expedition to the Mongolian Desert, Dr. John Benton the famous explorer, drinks from the water bottle on his lecture table, collapses and dies. His last words "Eternal Fire" are the only clue Chinese detective Jimmy Wong and Captain Street of the police department have to work on. Win Lee, Benton's secretary, reveals the doctor's dying words refer to a scroll which tells the location of rich oil deposits. Wong and Street then begin the search for the killer among Benton's associates.
Detective James Lee Wong is on the scenearchaeologist Dr. John Benton, recently returned from an expedition in China where a valuable ancient scroll was recovered, is murdered while giving a lecture on the expedition.
Final film in the Mr Wong series loses Boris Karloff and in its place has Keye LukeJames Wong detective. Luke best knownCharlie Chan's number one son was forever in support so its nice to see him in a lead role. It also gives mystery, and especially Charlie Chan fans a glimpse at how Luke might have played the classic detective.<br/><br/>The mystery here is rather bland. During a lecture about an expedition to China the professor giving the talk is killed right in front of everyone. The question is how was it done and by who. You'll have to see the film to find out the why and who, I will tell you why, and thats because of the information that is contained on a scroll that was found in a tomb that will lead to great riches. Its a been there done that sort of affair that reminded me of one of the Mr Moto movies. Its not bad, certainly the cast is game, however the script just doesn't have any real life in it. It just doesn't have any life in it.<br/><br/>Still, I have to say that bland or no its an okay time passer best left for a late night or rainy day movie marathon when these kind of movies seem oh so much better.
I have now seem four films of the "Mr.Wong" series and it seems obvious to me that, although they were plagued by very low budgets, this wasn't the main cause of their rapid decline in quality. No - it's the fact that the mysteries themselves (except for the original one, which was very clever) weren't very good, or presented in a way that would engage the viewer and give him a reason to care about the outcome. This one in particular is so forgettable and uninteresting that I defy anyone to remember even the most basic details about it five minutes after the picture is over. As for Keye Luke's casting in the title role, sure, it's good for authenticity, but what's going on here? Why doesn't Inspector Street recognize him at first? If he's playing a younger version of the character Boris Karloff portrayed, why didn't they also get a younger actor to play Street? How can one of them be approximately 20 years younger and the other one the same agebefore? Not that it's something to keep you up at night. 0.5 out of 4 stars.

This is the last of the Mr. Wong series. <a href="/name/nm0525601/">Keye Luke</a> takes over the role of Mr. Wong from <a href="/name/nm0000472/">Boris Karloff</a>, who had played the part in all the earlier films. This makes Wong the only Asian detective in a Hollywood film of the period to be played by an Asian actor. The Mr. Wong films all seem to be in the public domain, which means any distributor can legally sell copies without paying royalties. Beware. Some small distributors market copies of public domain films with poor picture and sound. Others are more reputable and deliver good transfers of the best available prints. Shop around.
First Timers full movie hd 1080p download kickass movieWorth Saving full movie in hindi free download hd 1080pStar Trek: Generations full movie in hindi 720p downloadthe Inescapable hindi dubbed free downloadTombstone movie in tamil dubbed downloadMen in Black II 720pUnderdog tamil dubbed movie downloadAmerican Heist full movie downloadA Trap for a Trap! tamil pdf downloadLove Lies 720p

last edited 217 weeks ago by Piocomtempbull
Please log in to post a reply.